Consumer Reports is warning parents about the potential risks of spray sunscreens, especially on children.
The Food and Drug Administration announced it was investigating the risks including people accidentally breathing in the ingredients.
The ones most at risk? Kids.
If you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror.
Meditation at sunset with quartz, rose quartz and amethyst. #yesterday #chakras #yoga #beach #sun #sunSalutation (at beautifulbynadia.com)
When you’re letting your body dance, you’re basically playing within your own auric field of energy. It’s good for the soul. It’s actually in many ways similar to kundalini yoga because you are essentially letting go, you’re surrendering your body into your energy, you’re becoming your energy, you move into the flow, you move the way water moves, gracefully, dancing like a gypsy or a bohemian hippie, fire dance, your body moves in tandem with the beats of your energy, you feel the flow of your energy around your auric field. It feels good because you are freeing your soul, feeling letting go of thoughts, it’s a form of meditation in a way. It is a release for you’re channeling your energy and expressing yourself without abandon. No limitations. It’s freeing.
Six simple rituals:
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh.
2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Prioritizes your day accordingly and don’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete.
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Spend your 10 minutes getting away from your desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water.
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress.
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness. Each morning, think of at least five things you’re thankful for. In times of stress, pause and reflect on these things.
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Asks yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?”
Source: Fast Company
"Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you." (at www.beautifulbynadia.com)
Last week I saw a truck carrying chickens and I don’t think I can bear to eat chicken anymore. They were packed in cages barely bigger than their bodies, with no protection from the elements just flying down the highway. Imagine the terror you would feel if you were stacked on top of rows and rows of humans in open metal crates on the back of a semi truck. Imagine the fear hormones coursing through their bodies. I am going back to the mindset I held when I became a vegetarian at 12 years old and a vegan at 21. Somewhere along the way I began enjoying chicken, turkey, lamb and occasional beef. But after what I witnessed I don’t want to participate in such in humane treatment and I don’t want to ingest that pure terror. I’m going pescetarian. It’s a healthier, more humane, more sustainable diet for the entire planet. I had already been considering it for its healthy skin and body benefits, but now I am spiritually called to it as a more humane lifestyle.
If you’ve never had a facial before, you have absolutely no idea how amazing it feels to have someone else wash your face for you. And it’s not just about washing the face, your aesthetician has a bird’s eye view to extract clogged pores and pimples without damaging the skin (trying to do it yourself can often make it worse), and target areas of aging with specialized products. A facial is one of the most underrated spa treatments, but I encourage you to get to know how relaxing and beneficial a facial can be. Everyone knows you by your face card, don’t be afraid to invest in it!
RP via @porefessional_ I love this graphic! Cleanse and moisturize daily, exfoliate weekly, and get facials every 4-6 weeks to maintain beautiful glowing skin. #skincare101 (at www.beautifulbynadia.com)
Ramadan Mubarak Y’all!
LGBTQ, Muslim and PROUD.
Page 1 of 75